Saturday, September 29, 2012

Homemade Toaster Pastries

 

Foster care training has done a number on me. Food blogging seems starkly inconsequential compared to "walking a mile" in the shoes of these precious children.  And I'm having a really hard time separating the deep, ugly, sickening truths that we learned during our training with the joy of being in my kitchen and doing silly things like making pop-tarts that don't have any processed junk in them. 

I'm a mess right now!  Just like my counters were after I made these wonderful pastries.

I made a wide variety of sizes of the tarts...from dainty to monstrous.

I'm hooked on these Bonne Marman preserves.  Blueberry, cherry, strawberry.  Each are delightful.  And I love the jars and the pretty lids.

I suggest doubling the recipe to make a lot of these beauts.  Experiment with different shapes and sizes (cookie cutters would be fun to try).  They freeze wonderfully.  (I reheated ours in the oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.)


You can't go wrong with these. 

The recipe is from 100 Days of Real Food (please follow the link to find the recipe).  If you haven't checked out Lisa's site, please do.  I have learned so much in the last month by reading through her posts. 

Thanks for hanging in here with me.  Sorry I'm kind of a bummer these days...

0 comments: