Cranberry-Orange Chex Mix: a great winter-time snack. A perfect food gift.
I chose to make this version gluten-free, so I used only rice and corn Chex. You could add Wheat Chex if you'd like.
Here's the printable version of the recipe.
Cranberry-Orange Chex Mix (gluten-free)
(makes about 9 cups)
4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
4 cups Corn Chex Cereal
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine cereals and almonds in large mixing bowl; set aside.
2. Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Then mix in the brown sugar and orange juice concentrate. Stir until melted.
4. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture. Toss very well to combine.
5. Spread cereal over lined baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and stir cereal mixture. Return to oven for 7-8 additional minutes, until cereal and almonds begin to brown.
6. Remove baking sheet and stir in dried cranberries. Allow to cool. Store in airtight container.
Recipe modified only slightly from here.